- The Apple MacBook Air 13 now supercharged by the Apple M2 Chip. The Apple M2 integrates the CPU, GPU, Neural Engine, I/O, and more into a single system on a chip (SoC), this time utilising 2nd Gen 5nm process technology. Tackle your projects with the fast 8-Core CPU and take on graphics-intensive apps and games with the 8-core GPU. Accelerate machine learning tasks with the 16-core Neural Engine. The M2 also features 100 GB/s memory bandwidth. The M2 was also designed to speed up video workflows by adding a next-gen media engine and a powerful ProRes video engine for hardware-accelerated encode and decode. This means the M2 can play back more streams of 4K and 8K video. Complete with a silent, fan-less design and up to 18 hours of battery life, the MacBook Air is still portable, but now a lot more powerful.
- Now packed with 20 billion transistors, the Apple M2 integrates the CPU, GPU, Neural Engine, I/O, and more into a single system on a chip (SoC). The additional transistors, 25 percent more than the M1, improve the features of the chip, including the memory controller that can deliver up to 100 GB/s of unified memory bandwidth. The M2 has faster performance cores with a larger cache and the efficiency cores have been enhanced for more performance gains. Together, the M2 delivers up to 18 percent greater multithreaded performance than the M1. This means the Apple M2 performs up to 1.4 times faster than the previous generation M1 while still delivering battery life of up to 15 hours of wireless web browsing and up to 18 hours of video playback.
- 13.6" Liquid Retina Display
- The MacBook Air now features the 13.6" Liquid Retina Display, with support for one billion colors. The 2560 x 1664 resolution provides crisp text. The 500 nits of brightness and wide P3 color gamut ensure that photos and movies are brilliant and vivid, complete with rich contrast and sharp detail.
- The MacBook Air lives up to its name, weighing in at just 2.7 pounds and measuring just 0.44" thin. The durable enclosure features 100 percent recycled aluminum. The MacBook Air also features a silent, fanless design.
- Full HD 1080p FaceTime Camera
- Now with a Full HD 1080p FaceTime camera, the MacBook Air allows you to look your best during video calls. The three-mic array features advanced beamforming algorithms to capture clean audio, allowing your voice to come through loud and clear.
The MacBook Air now features the quick-release MagSafe power connector. MagSafe can easily attach and detach with magnets, preventing any unintentional disconnects.
True Tone Technology
With True Tone technology, the display delivers a more natural viewing experience for design and editing workflows, as well as everyday tasks like browsing the web and writing email.
The advanced security and convenience of Touch ID is built into the MacBook Air. Simply place your finger on the integrated Touch ID sensor and your MacBook Air unlocks. Use your fingerprint to immediately access locked documents, notes, and system settings. You can also use Apple Pay securely during checkout while online shopping. No need to enter shipping or billing info, and your card details are never shared.
The Magic Keyboard on this MacBook Air features a scissor mechanism that delivers 1mm of key travel. There's also a physical Esc key and an inverted "T" arrangement for the arrow keys. Combined with the Touch ID, the Magic Keyboard provides a comfortable, accurate typing experience.
Thunderbolt 3 with USB4 Support
Thunderbolt 3 is a hardware interface that utilizes the reversible USB Type-C connector. Doubling the speed of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 features a maximum throughput of 40 Gb/s when used with compatible devices. The connector also supports USB4, allowing you to connect to more peripherals, including the Apple Pro Display XDR in full 6K resolution.
For intensive workloads like editing complex timelines in Final Cut Pro, performance is nearly 40 percent faster than the previous generation and up to 15 times faster for customers that haven't upgraded to Apple Silicon.
Applying filters and effects in apps like Adobe Photoshop is up to 20 percent faster than before and up to 5 times faster for customers that haven't yet upgraded to Apple Silicon.